IMPROVEMENT OF METALLURGICAL RESULTS
A higher level of product sophistication (e.g., clean steel, ultra-low carbon steel grades, clean cooper) require an optimized process operation with bottom purging systems in converters, furnaces and ladles (e.g., EAF, BOF, LF, VD).
INTERSTOP provides gas control boxes for inertgas purging systems to improve metallurgical results. Improved distribution of the temperature as well as alloying elements in the molten metal is the result of the sophisticated gas control boxe concept. Here, number, type and arrangement of plugs, flow rate patterns and the kind and quality of purging gases and their regulation have a remarkable influence on the metallurgy and customer process.
Benefits bottom purging system:
- Minimization of the tap-to-tap time
- Less alloy elements required (cost saving)
- Less deoxidation agents (e.g., Al) required
- Shorter and quicker reaction pathways between the slag and steel bath
- Improved process control (higher accuracy of the tapping temperature and element levels)
Benefits GAS CONTROL BOX:
- Wide regulation ratio 1 ÷ 50 of the mass flow controller (e.g. from 24 Nl/min to 1’200 Nl/min)
- Fast step response of the MFC (5% – 95% in less than 1 second)
- High accuracy of the MFC ±1.5% o.R. ±0.3% F.S. (o.R.: of reading; F.S.: of full scale)
- O-ring sealed components, maintenance friendly
- No instrument air required
- Low maintenance costs